Sunday, May 23, 2010

En Route - First Stop

Okay - when I got to the hotel, I kinda felt like death warmed over. Now that the Extra Strength Tylenol, vitamin pill, and Pepto Bismol are taking effect, and I've managed to eat something (half a turkey sandwich, a third of a six-inch Subway, a couple of Sun Chips, and a couple handfuls of some sort of Walmart generic version of a flavored cracker), I'm feeling a little better. Also, I braved the shady outdoors of the hotel to find the ice machine, and used the Subway bag to get extra ice, so now I have ice in my cooler and ice in the bucket thing chilling my little bottle of Subway milk. and HOLY SHIT THAT IS THE BIGGEST SPIDER hold on. *epic standoff ensues* crap now it's under the counter. as soon as it gets out from the counter it is DEAD because Kevin is not here to save it. I have shoes and I know how to use them!

Okay now that I've stuffed the useless tiny towels under the crack of the door (cuz this is one of those shady hotels that has the doors for each room open to the outside) to hopefully prevent other buggy intruders...let me tell you about my trip and my hotel. Today, I spent several hours driving through endless countryside and farmland on interstates and US roads that seemed to wind around civilization. The exception to this was when I wound around Indianapolis and suddenly EVERYTHING WAS BUSY and it was insane. *checks on spider* oh crap it disappeared. That's it, I'm sleeping with the light on. If I manage to sleep at all when there's a bloody frickin' HUMONGOUS SPIDER IN THE ROOM. O.O Anyway. There weren't many highlights. There was this random huge white cross thing off the highway at some point, though. Kinda odd.

I knew I was recovering from my road daze when I became cynical again. For example, here is a thought I had as I was ripping the plastic off the paper cups so I could use them.

Dear Days Inn, and whatever other hotels do this,
What is the point of having EarthSmart paper cups if you seal each one individually in plastic bags that will not be recycled?
Cheers,
A Crazy Liberal

Well, now Futurama's on, and I still have to pick some clothes up off the floor so the spider doesn't hide in them and plot against me, and also put the privacy thing out so the housecleaners don't bug me. And I have to look at the road ahead and the weather for tomorrow. I have to survive getting around St. Louis. O.O Wish me luck! Hopefully my hotel tomorrow night will be a bit less shady.

2 comments:

  1. I will tune in tomorrow to be sure you made it through the 'holy shit that's a huge spider' epic, as it's not dead, currently I am hanging as it's missing, and did it think to be in the clothes on the floor before you removed them? Who needs to watch "Lost" when I've got my adventure-niece! Love you, Diana; be safe, okay? -Silly Auntie Janet.

    ReplyDelete