Hello from Texas! My hotel room has an extra bed. There's also a bottle-opener in the bathroom. And yay for the place that does room delivery here, meaning I was able to have delicious fajitas for dinner without actually going anywhere. :)
Okay so as always I noticed some interesting things on my drive today.
Weird thing 1: Reddish-orange soil. Like, everywhere. I noticed this once I got a little west of where I stayed last night. And then it continued to be like that until some point around Texas, I think. *googles* Ah, apparently it has a ton of iron in it. That makes sense, but it's still weird to see dirt that's the color of Weasley hair.
Weird thing 2: There is a bunch of stuff in Oklahoma that claims to be Canadian. I have no idea why. There's a bunch of stuff that's "Canadian Valley _____", and I saw a sign for a plaza called Canadian Square, and there's even a minuscule village called Canadian, but I only know that last from Google searches to try to figure out what's going on.
Weird thing 3: The Top of Texas Catholic Superstore. I'm not kidding, there was a billboard advertising it. Also, there was another giant white cross thing, claiming to be the largest cross ever, but it was EXACTLY like the one I saw earlier on the road. Sorry Texas, but big things aren't very impressive when they also exist in other states.
mmmmmm I'm all sleepy. I'll probably go to bed soon. Tomorrow I'll actually get to see the city I'll be working in for the summer. yaaaaaaaay. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Quote of the Day: "Sorry Texas, but big things aren't very impressive when they also exist in other states."
ReplyDeleteHahaha!